National English Skills 8 Print & Digital
This rich and innovative full-colour workbook comprises skills-based units that addresses all strands of the Australian Curriculum - Language, Literature and Literacy.
Written by some of Australia’s leading authors, this lively, student-friendly book provides eighteen skills-based units covering a wide range of popular topics.
- builds comprehension strategies, spelling and vocabulary development, and an understanding of grammar and language
- focuses on the concepts of culture, identity and context throughout
- provides high-interest literary, non-literary and media texts for appreciation, understanding and analysis
- explores the structures and language features of all kinds of texts, including persuasive and visual texts
- offers opportunities for students to apply their skills to create their own written, spoken and multimodal texts
- addresses the cross-curriculum priorities outlined in the curriculum.
The workbook comes with 15 months access to an interactive digital version at Macmillan's digital home, onestopdigital. You will receive a digital access code with your print book.
Digital only access is also available.
1. Culture and identity
2. Visual texts
3. Aboriginal perspectives
4. Points of view
6. Improve your spelling
7. Breaking news
8. Exploring stories
10. The novel
11. The language of poetry
12. The power of words
14. Science fiction
15. Let’s punctuate
17. Speaking out
18. Using paragraphs
|Year Level||Year 8|
|Date of Publication||2011|