Text Types for Primary Schools Book 3 Second Edition
Text Types for Primary Schools is an engaging and innovative series, designed to assist students to write in a variety of text types according to their needs and purposes. The books provide relevant and challenging writing models that reflect the aims of all current state curriculum documents.
- Starter book presented in a new portrait format is presented in a larger format to allow for young students' needs for extra space to draw and write their responses
- A new text type has been included in this edition – for the Starter Book: Transactional texts, and for Books 1–6: Transactional texts and Biography
- Specific text types have been re-organised from simplest to hardest text types under the two main headings: Factual and Literary Texts.
- Books 1–6 are divided into 26 units of work, and each unit focuses on a specific text type.
- Each unit consists of two pages and includes the following features:
- a model of a particular text type
- a corresponding page for students to practise this text type in context
- additional ideas and activities to extend students' knowledge of the different text types
- scope and sequence chart
- progress chart to keep track of the student's work
- student self-assessment page
- overview of the topic content for all text types featured in the series.
|Year Level||Year 3|